Monday, September 24, 2012

The eve before departure

I'm so nervous and excited in the eve before my adventure begins as a peace corps volunteer in paraguay! i had a fantastic going away party down by the river in my neighborhood, with my family and friends this weekend. it was complete with a taste of my soon-to-be life with power outages, no running water, and a torrential downpour. fun!



I wanted to give you all my address that I will use to start in Paraguay which is:

Cuerpo de Paz,
Chaco Boreal 162,
AsunciĆ³n, Paraguay

Please be aware that the mail will get to me a little slower - but by using the Peace Corps address and a courier like Fed-ex for packages, it shouldn't be a problem reaching me.

I leave for Miami tomorrow for staging - where I will meet the other 49 volunteers I am going to Paraguay with, 25 of which are other Agricultural Extension volunteers. From Miami, we will fly together to Paraguay (which goes to Buenos Aires, then Asuncion) on Wednesday evening. I will be meeting my host family who I will live with for the 11-weeks of training on Friday! I hope to have internet at some point to update you all on what my life is like during training- and where I will be living the next two years!

Lots of love and so much thanks to all those who have been giving me love, support and encouragement in my departure. I will miss everyone dearly, and cannot wait to share with you my experiences. Thank you again and see you on the flip side!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment